Guest Designer Jessica – Part 2

Hello again!  Jess here with my second guest post for Krumspring Stamps!  My first card introduced my surprise challenge but this time I wanted to play along with a few of the challenges myself! 😉 So I decided to go with triangles, flowers, Keeway’s color palette, and watercolors!  And this is what I came up with:

You might have seen my sunflower from For My Sunflower on instagram a few days ago…I colored it for Kathy Rac’s The Daily Marker 30 Day coloring challenge and then decided it would be perfect for my card!  I used copics to color the flower and then fussy cut it.  I stamped the One Triangle at a Time stamp onto watercolor paper with versafine and then heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I smooshed broken china, salty ocean, tumbled glass, and chipped sapphire distress ink onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water.  I pressed my background into the wet distress ink and let it soak in and blend together.  After a few seconds I lifted the paper and heat set it.  Then I repeated the process a few more times until I was happy with the coverage.  I let it dry overnight and then adhered the sunflower with foam mounting tape.  Finally I stamped the sentiment from For My Sunflower onto white cardstock with versafine and heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder before adhering it to my card with foam mounting tape.

I love the contrast between the yellows and blues and how bright and cheerful it ended up!  I hope this gives you so more inspiration for the Spring Festival challenges!  Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!

Jessica

[ Supplies I used ]

For My Sunflower

One Triangle at a Time

32 thoughts on “Guest Designer Jessica – Part 2

1. barb macaskill says:

LOVELOVELOVE this!!! Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers and blue is my favorite color so it is a match made in Heaven in my opinion! TFS!

2. carol says:

Jessica, your sunflower is positively stunning set against the multi-shades-of-blue smooshed triangulated background! Artsy awesome! This one *needs* a frame; it would make a gorgeous piece of home decor in someone’s kitchen or sun room!
    ~carol

3. Denise Bryant says:

Gorgeous card! I love the background with the One Triangle at a Time design, and that gorgeous sunflower! Awesome color combo!

4. Cate S says:

I agree- yellow and blue are a great combo! Thanks for the reminder that I should really use them more! I love this card. Makes me think “summer” when all is see out my window is snow!

5. croppinmama says:

Wow-in the short time I’ve been a subbie of Jessica, I’ve seen and learned so many tips and been amazed at her coloring. Her style works well with these Krumspring designs. Thanks for offering the giveaway, too.

6. Lisa A creations says:

I was almost convinced that I didn’t need the Sunflower stamp set from Krumspring, but your card convinced me that I NEED TO HAVE IT! 😆 Thanks for sharing inspiration!

7. Melissa Friedrich says:

Gorgeous card, awesome coloring on the beautiful sunflower and love the triangle background!

8. Lisaerica says:

Beautiful coloring Jess! I love that background stamp, many shapes out there but no full background, definitely going on my wish list. The center of the sunflower is awesome, I love the 3D effect. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

9. Mardi Joy Weber says:

I love sunflowers. Yours is beautiful, and I love the contrast with the blues.

I keep trying not to spend money, but I’ve found more stamps that I HAVE to have! 🙂

10. Tess Vogts says:

Thanks Jess, this is inspiring! I went to buy the ‘one triangle at a time’ stamp but its sold out!
    *sad*

11. Arianna Barbara says:

Oh my goodness!!! Your card is simply stunning, Jessica!!! Love sunflowers!!! And the background is very cool!!!

12. Andrea (doppeltsolustig) says:

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I really love the ink smooshing – I used to think it should cover most of the page more or less evenly, but with those little splatters and some white space, it looks even more stunning!!!

Comments are closed.