I’ve done my usual thing of making two cards with the same stamps but different looks. Not very original but at least I’m consistent, eh?
For my first card I started out with stamping up two Dahlias on Strathmore Bristol Vellum watercolour paper and started colouring with my Zig markers. I used two different shades of pink on each flower but left plenty of white space left on the petals. One of my favourite Dahlias have colours just like these and I think they are one of nature’s many wonders. I intentionally left the colours very “un-blended” (is that is a word? Well, it is now) for these flowers. After I finishes colouring I fussy cut them both out.
I wanted a green background for these cards, green and pink is very spring-y to me. I wanted something almost like a big bush/flower bed, you know? Using the One Triangle At A Time stamp I stamped it in VersaMark ink and heatembossed it in white, again on watercolour paper as I wanted to do some ink blending. Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citrus were the lucky choices and off I went. I love the look of ink blending, it is so easy to get great and different results. I splattered water on the panel and once that was dry, I decided to add some darker green splatters too. Setting this one aside, I got started on the second panel.
As I wanted this one to be different, I stamped the background in green before adding clear embossing powder over it. This one got the same distress inks blended all over it but I didn’t do the water splatter on this one and skipped right to the green instead. Letting that dry on the side, I moved on to the flowers.
These I decided to heat emboss in white and coloured again with Zig markers but this time I diluted with lots of water to get a very soft look. I actually did three for this card but I ended up having to trim one of the dahlias to fit all of them on the card. For the sentiment I chose ‘Happy birthday’ from The Necessary Ones stamp set. This I stamped on a strip of vellum with white embossing powder to keep a cohesive look to the cards. I wrapped this strip around the bottom of the panel and glued to the back to keep it in place.
Assembling these cards was a piece of cake using all my finished pieces with some foam tape and double sided tape. I adhered the finished panels to white card bases which peeked out both at the bottom and the top to keep it soft and fresh looking.
That’s it from me today but don’t worry, I will be back soon enough with more crafty rambling and jibber-jabbering.
Happy crafting from Erica
[ Supplies I used ]