Hello, hello and welcome to another day of reveals of the new release here at Krumspring Stamps!
As soon as I saw the balloons in the You Make Me Fly set from this new release, I knew I had to use them and boy, did I! I am so excited to share a couple of cards with you today, I couldn’t stop at just one as per usual although I used different mediums on both to achieve the looks. Let’s get to it, shall we?
For my first card I decided to use yellow for all the balloons as yellow is Maria’s favourite colour. After I stamped up the balloons on Clairefontaine cold pressed 300g/140lb water colour paper using my new favourite ink for Zig Clean Color markers: My Favorite Things hybrid ink in Black Licorice, I let loose with the colours. At first I thought I’d do an ombré look but it didn’t look quite right from the start, instead I tried mixing the shades on the balloons to make it more three-dimensional. I adore the Zig markers but do think there is a distinct lack of yellows in there. Three markers out of eighty? There is room for improvement for sure.
Once the balloons were coloured in, I set that aside to dry while I coloured the little teddy bear. He’s so cute! I wanted to give him a well-used and well-loved look, much like my own teddy bear that is 30+years old. As soon as these images were dry enough to fussy cut out, I did just that.
For the background, I wanted a cloud-filled sky and cut out a big selection of clouds as at first I thought I’d cover the whole background with them but it ended up looked too white. Even with the stitched cloud die and the textured linen card stock I used, it was way too flat and boring for my liking. It might not be a surprise that I went with an ink blended background for the sky that is peeking out at the top to counteract that. It’s become one of my favourite ways to create backgrounds, the possibilities are simply endless! I used Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks for a really rich and vibrant blue sky. A few droplets of water was also splattered on it and dried off for that lovely dotted look.
The stitched clouds I cut out earlier were adhered to the background using foam tape on each layer for lots of dimension. I then added the teddy and his cluster of balloons over the top and stamped the sentiment ‘Let’s fly away’ in the bottom right corner in black ink.
As usual, I couldn’t stop there… oh no, not me. I got both my glossy accents and some sequins out. Oh yes, I did! The glossy accents I used both to adhere the sequins I picked out and to cover some of the balloons to make them pop a bit. It was getting dark when I did this and I didn’t notice that there were lots of air bubbles in a lot of them so they dried like that. Lesson learnt for next time!
For card no2 I again used the balloon stamp but this time I coloured them in with my copics and used lots of different colours! I also cut out a few of them at the top to create a heart-shape because I’m soppy like that.
That gorgeous linen card stock was used again but this time for the background and I layered it with a cloud cutout that I had ink blended using Broken China, Salty Ocean and a tiny bit of Blueprint Sketch distress inks. The linen texture peeking through the cutouts adds nice interest to the clouds without too much fuss.
In true form, I thought the balloons still looked a bit flat. Yes! Even with all those colours…! Crazy, isn’t it?? Well, I got my sequins out again and it’s the same as I used on the first card. This is a new fusion mix from Studio Katia called ‘Crystal Rainbow Fusion’ and I love it. LOVE IT! It’s so fun and sparkly.
I matched up balloon colour and sequins in different sizes and I wasn’t frugal here. Nope. Not at all. Using the sequins, I tried enhancing the heart shape and it might not be to everyone’s liking, but I think it’s fun! Again, I used the glossy accents to adhere them. The balloons themselves are adhered to the card using 3mm thick foam tape to really make it pop off the base.
For a sentient, I used ‘You lift my mood’ and I stamped that on a small banner I had cut out of linen paper. My idea was to have the banner hanging from the strings of the balloons and be carried off to the recipient. With a bit of double sided tape on the back of the banner and armed with sparkly white twine, I wrapped the twine around the banner and made a “hanger” to be attached to the bottom of the string cluster. A nice big bow finished off the look and I also wrapped one of the loose ends around the “hanger” to make sure it doesn’t fall off.
And that, friends, was it! Here are my two contributions to celebrate this new release but you can bet your cookie there will be more coming.
Happy crafting everyone!
Hugs from Erica @erica_cacacraft on Instagram
[Supplied I used ]